Empire has NBN Fibre Connections directly to every apartment. HarbourISP are our technical support service for these. There are three different devices involved, any of which could be responsible for a problem.
The devices are:
1. The NBN Controller - this is inside a wardrobe
2. The Harbour ISP modem - this is plugged into the NBN Controller
3. The Google Wi-Fi device - this should be in the lounge next to the TV - ONLY IN SOME ROOMS AS THIS IS BEING PHASED OUT
FIRST THING TO DO:
1. Restart all devices by unplugging them at the power point, leaving them unplugged for one minute, then plug back in
2. Wait for 5 more minutes for all devices to start and resync before testing for internet again
If the service is still not working, check the following:
1. The network (yellow) cable is coming out of the NBN Controller and is plugged in SPECIFICALLY to the WAN port on the modem (this is normally coloured in blue), check its firmly plugged in
2. A network cable is coming out of the HarbourISP modem, ports 1 to 4 and is plugged into the wall port, this wall port is internal cabling to the ports in the lounge behind the TV
3. Check the google wifi device is plugged in, turned on and has a network cable running from it to the wall plate
4. Using the host phone open up the Google WiFi app and find the network for the apartment you are in, test speed etc
Call HarbourIsp Tech support, open from on 1300 579 403, Monday-Friday – 8:30am to 10:00pm, Saturday/Sunday – 9:00am to 10:00pm.
Tell them your calling from the Restassured Group, give them the apartment number in question. Work with them to resolve the issue.
If the issues cannot be resolved, plug in an emergency 4G Hotspot, unplugging the power plug for the modem and use this power point to plug in the hotspot
THIS EMERGENCY HOTSPOT GETS INSTALLED IN THE WARDROBE
Remove the network cable from the back of the modem, from ports 1 to 4 and plug this end into ports 1 to 4 on the emergency hotspot. The other end of the cable should still be plugged into the wall port.